Buckwheat Mango-Lemon Pancakes! GLUTEN FREE :)
APPROX. 250 cal/TWO pancakes (1/4 cup batter serving each)
My mom is trying to go gluten-free, so I thought I would come up with a yummy gluten-free pancake recipe :) I really just followed a basic pancake recipe but then made some alterations, as you will see below. They turned out great! I didn’t even need syrup for them because they had so much flavor.
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp Truvia stevia (6 packets)
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp melted butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
lemon zest (maybe 1.5 tbsp?)
1. Mix all dry ingredients (flour through salt).
2. Add in, one at a time, the wet ingredients (egg through vanilla)
3. cube the mango and mix in to batter (about 1/4 cup)
4. Zest the whole lemon (if it is a large one, stick around 1-2 tbsp zest)
5. Use 1/4 cup to measure out batter, and cook until brown on both sides.