(almost) VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE: between 400 and 500 calories!
okay, so it’s not quite vegan because I used regular butter instead of vegan butter. But seriously, this is AMAZING and a great vegetarian dish! I’ll never turn back now that I’ve tried nutritional yeast! SO TASTY! Please enjoy :)
I’ll be honest, I didn’t really measure things out. I’m really sorry for that :( Here is the original recipe in case you are stickler for measurements (I used it as a guide): http://vegetarian.lovetoknow.com/Nutritional_Yeast_Recipes
Brown Rice Pasta
almond milk (ORIGINAL, NOT VANILLA!)
quaker oats, ground finely (basically, oat flour - because I didn’t have regular flour)
1. boil water and add brown rice pasta. cook until tender
2. in a saucepan, melt butter and then stir in the oat flour. constantly stir
3. while stirring, add almond milk.
4. bring to a boil, then add nutritional yeast.
5. remove from heat once nutritional yeast is absorbed. add garlic salt and pepper to taste.
6. pour over strained pasta and ENJOY!