my delicious dinner tonight!
BLACK BEAN BURGER WITH OVEN-ROASTED CARROTS - APPROX. 375 CAL FOR WHOLE MEAL!
Black Bean Burgers : Ingredients : makes about 4-5 medium sized patties
1/2 can black beans
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup fire roasted tomatoes w/garlic (canned)
chili powder, garlic salt, pepper, lime juice
1. *make sure beans are strained!* mash beans until mush, then mix in all ingredients.
2. form into patty, place in pan, cook like you would a normal burger. *note* - if your mixture was a little more liquidy like mine, that’s ok - sautee it up, then form the patty when it’s more cooked. Turned out well for me!
3. Top with your favorite salsa and some avocado!
Roasted Carrots : Ingredients
3 large carrots (not baby carrots!)
ground ginger, garlic salt, chili powder
1. Chop carrots into bite sized pieces
2. Sprinkle seasonings over carrots (go easy on the chili powder - it doesn’t take much).
3. bake at 400 until soft (20 min?)
The dip pictured for my carrots is 2 tbsp sour cream mixed with ranch powder. YUM! Add 35 cal for the dip