Refried Kidney Beans
Slow Cooker Carnitas
For the Carnitas:
1. Get a pork shoulder. cover it in cayenne pepper, chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and smoked paprika.
2. Put it in the crock pot and pour broth or water in the crock pot until it comes up about an inch.
3. Cook 6-8 hours.
4. When done, remove & shred meat.
5. Sautee meat in a pan until it starts to brown and crisp a little bit on edges. Add juice periodically to keep moist.
For refried kidney beans:
1. Drain 1 can kidney beans. Pour beans into pot and turn onto medium heat.
2. Pour in desired seasonings (I used Mrs. Dash original, chipotle tabasco, cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne) and mix well.
3. As the beans cook, mash them with a fork and mix around. Do this continuously until they are thoroughly warmed and mashed to your desired consistency. I like to let them brown a teeny bit.
EAT ALL THAT TOGETHER AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY!