Here it is, like I promised!
OATMEAL BREAKFAST BAR! approx. 240 cal….APPROXIMATELY
i made some changes to this recipe…..i.e. I left out the oat flour and i reduced the oil by 1/4 cup (ORIGINAL measurements and ingredients are what is listed below). For future us, I would definitely add APPLESAUCE! so please, when you make this, ADD APPLESAUCE. it will make it so much more moist :)
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 cup oat flour (can be made by pulverising rolled oats in a blender or food processor)
- 1 cup packed currants or 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chopped prunes or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup orange juice (you could also use 1/4 cup molasses and 3/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup white sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds or 1/4 cup nuts, pieces
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2 Grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan, or two 8 inch by 8 inch pans.
3 Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
4 It should be moist enough to form a ball, without extra liquid.
5 Put mixture in prepared pans and spread evenly.
6 Bake for 30 minutes.
7 Remove from oven and cut into squares while still hot.
8 Wait until the bars cool before trying to remove them from the pan.
9 One tip: if the fruit is hard, soak it with a bit of water before starting to make this recipe because the fruit doesn’t soften much in baking.