23 6 / 2013
fadedgray asked: Hi...i have some qs about your cleanse? Did you have headaches or feel nauseous? Did you lose any weight? Was 3 days too long? I'm starting my 3 tomorrow!
No, I think three days was perfect, and I’m considering doing a 5-day one in July! I think what helped me was that I did eat one meal a day - dinner - and the rest was juice. I never really had headaches or nausea, and I think that’s because the cleanse I did had me drinking so much! I was drinking juice every two hours until dinner which was around 6 or so and then i had some kind of clean meal, mostly veggies. I actually feel very clear and alert after the three days of juicing, and i’ve slept better the last couple nights too!
as for losing weight, idk yet! I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow :) probably not though, since it was only three days, and if I did lose any weight, it was probably just water weight or excess bile from the cleanse. I doubt any fat was shed. which is fine because that wasn’t my goal!
hope that helps you! good luck on your cleanse and enjoy it!
21 6 / 2013
21 6 / 2013
19 6 / 2013
I realize that there is a lot of hype revolving around “cleanses” and “detox”
some say it works, some say it’s a load of crap…
honestly I’ve been eating so terribly lately that it can do nothing but good. so we’ll see how it goes! i really need to reset myself and i need something structured, so that’s why I chose to do a 3 day cleanse. I’m a huge fan of Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, so I’ve adopted Joe Cross’ 3-day cleanse. I feel like this will really get me back on track for eating how I used to - clean, lean, healthy, well-rounded and nutritious meals.
cleanse will be as follows:
2 day body preparation:
- breakfast: 16 oz hot H20 with lemon & ginger, then breakfast (fruit, veggies, eggs)
- lunch: vegetables & lean meat
- dinner: vegetables & lean meat, 1 cup herbal tea
during these two days, no: caffeine, sugar, red meat, dairy, or processed food of any kind.
the cleanse - 3 days of this:
- breakfast:16 oz hot water with lemon and ginger; juice of 3 carrots, 2 apples, 1 inch ginger
- mid-morning: 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 2 apples, 1 bunch kale, 1/2 lemon, 1 inch ginger
- lunch: 4 plum tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 2 celery stalks, 1 small onion, 2 cups parsley, 1 lime
- afternoon: 1 bunch kale, 1 bunch swiss chard, 1 cucumber, 2 oranges
- pre-dinner: 1 sweet potato, 1 carrot, 2 large beets, 2 apples, 1 orange
- dinner: tons of fruits & vegetables (my favorite right now is kale salad with almonds, mandarin oranges, apples, nutritional yeast, honey vinaigrette), 1 cup herbal tea
we will see how this goes! I may get one day into it and think it’s totally bonkers and just try something else to get the crap out of my body (aka hot cheetos, cream cheese, pizza….ugh).
i’ll document the journey! tonight I’m starting the two-day prep, and I’ll go grocery shopping for this 3-day cleanse. I’ll post the receipt, the food, the juices, etc! Then review afterwards.
Follow me on this adventure! Join me even! tag “jenxya” to your post and i’ll follow it and we can see how each other are doing!