I was looking for a tasty ground beef recipe today, since ground beef isn’t really something I eat that often; I typically stick to turkey when going the ground meat route. Husband loves ground beef though, and he just bought a ton of it for himself, but then went out of town for work. So…I was really just left with ground beef to cook! I usually go to the gym after work (off at 4 PM), so I was looking for something that would be excellent as a post-workout. TA DA THIS IS IT! It was amazing and although I didn’t make the whole recipe (I cut it down quite a bit so it would be one serving), I certainly ate every bit of it that I cooked. YUM. Give it a try!
Magical Hour Paleo Post Workout Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Hash
Prep Time: Approx 10 Minute
Cook Time: Approx 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Magical Hour Paleo Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Hash
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 lb ground beef (grass fed)
1 tbsp bacon fat
3 tbsp butter or FOC (Fat Of Choice)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Magical Hour Paleo Sweet Potato and Ground Beef Hash
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt two tbsp of butter with the one tbsp of bacon fat.
2. Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and then season with the thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes until they are tender and have a golden brown color.
3. In another skillet, cook your ground beef over medium heat for approximately five minutes or until it’s browned.
4. Once the potatoes are golden brown add the onions and the browned beef into the skillet. Cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
5. In the skillet you cooked your ground beef with melt another tbsp of butter. Fry your eggs to your liking. I do mine over medium. Yum!
6. Add the chopped spinach into the sweet potatoes and cook until the spinach begins to wilt and then remove from heat. This will only take a minute or two.
7. Dish up the hash and place two fried eggs on top. Enjoy some excellent post workout nutrition.
- See more at: http://www.primalpal.net/blogdetail/34_paleo_sweet_potato_and_ground_beef_hash_for_post_workout_nutrition#sthash.4mm78aAR.dpuf