*ABOUT* 340 Calories in the portion pictured (okay, some is missing in the pic because i ate it!)! AND FILLING!
I am really proud of this one. The pictures can speak for itself. THIS IS DELICIOUS. and leaves SO MANY LEFTOVERS. I couldn’t even finish what was on my plate!
1 Portobello Mushroom, stem removed
1 tbsp vegetable/olive oil
1 Spaghetti Squash
1/2 cup Marinara (I used Trader Joe’s Organic)
salt, pepper, basil, oregano
Trader Joe’s Wild Basmati Rice Medley (any will do, this is just what I had) - about 1 cup cooked
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half (this is difficult!) and then scrape out the seeds. Place skin side up on a baking tray.
3. take the oil and lightly coat the portobello - then sprinkle it with spices (i added a little nutritional yeast…) and place on the tray next to the two halves of spaghetti squash. Place in oven.
4. After about 20 minutes, remove portobello as it will be done. set aside and continue cooking the spaghetti squash.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice as directed.
6. Spaghetti squash takes a long time to cook. if it is almost all soft but still not quite soft in some spots, feel free to pop it in the microwave for a bit.
7. once squash is cooked, remove, grab a fork and start scraping! it should come out in strings like spaghetti.
8. place as much spaghetti squash as you can (you will have FAR too much - yay leftovers!) on top of the portobello, top with warmed sauce, some parmesan cheese and VOILA! place rice all around the mushroom and you’ve got a delicious vegetarian meal :)